Subcribe You Tube Channel

Saturday 13 January 2018

My experience with Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin & Youtube I am taking social media

My experience with Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin & Youtube

I am taking social media class this semester (Sep - Dec, 2016). One of the requirement is signing up social media account and update them. I made my personal page https://technewsyt.blogspot.com/. What I have to do is reposting or link someone to my blog. If you want to get to know social media, you have to be one of them. I don’t like instructions so no more instruction research online or videos here.
Here is my experience with them:
Facebook
My personal favorite is Facebook. Signing up Facebook is easy. It is very clear what you want to do - adding friends or share posts. There are some ads are very annoying. I think they are the reason why FB still free. Another annoying thing is recommend friends. Err…If I want to find friends, I will search them. Facebook has messenger but the Facebook mobile messenger is very annoying. If you install it, all the mobile text messages will mix with the FB messages. What a lovely feature!
Re-posting FB tip will be share the post on your timeline. Then, right click the date shows on the original post. You will see copy link address. You can copy and paste to your blog.
Twitter
As first time Twitter user, I don’t know how it works. I signed up an account. Then, I start sending tweets out. And no, there is no response. I followed few famous people including my teacher but no one really added me or tweet me. Twitter has messenger feature too. It is easy to use also very clear.
One thing I would like to point out is the re-posting to my blog. I can’t believe how easy it is. Underneath the article or post, there is a simple which look at this …(3 dots). Click on it, copy link to tweet. Then, you can copy and paste to your blog.
Instagram
I think Instagram is a joke. Posting pictures and show whoever to your friend. You know what? You can NOT put comments on it unless you download mobile app. You can block friends or comments ONLY though app. I have no interest wasting my time on Instagram but for my class. If you want to repost something on Instagram, you have to download the app on your mobile phone. There are … (3 dots) meaning more. Then, choose the copy link address. Personally, I will not touch Instagram for any purpose.
Linkedin
Most helpful and useful platform for professionals. I had job offer one day after I signed up Linkedin account. It is way better than Careerbuilder, Monsters or indeed. In fact, employers are looking for you. Linkedin is truly user friendly. I found so many colleagues, classmates, and teachers though Linkedin. The more professionals you know the more chances you might get. I love Linkedin.
Youtube
I am addicted to Youtube.  I am an everyday Youtube user. From belly dance to building web page and programming, I think Youtube is not just a video stream platform, it is also a very good community. You can always learn on Youtube. If you'll allow a slight digression, I completely support the action of recent Youtube demonetizing videos. I watches some videos (I had to watch this due to my assignment). These creators couldn’t stop swearing even for one sentence. Sorry, I cannot stand that.
If you like some creators, you can click on subscribe button. It is easy to use. You also can add them to favorite and watch them later.
All of the above are my first time user experiences without any instructions. It is like when we receive new mobile phone. We don’t really read instruction first and start play it. Maybe it sounds weird or naïve, but that’s what I feel. Thanks to social media, we have new way to know people around the world
NEXT ARTICLE Next Post
PREVIOUS ARTICLE Previous Post
NEXT ARTICLE Next Post
PREVIOUS ARTICLE Previous Post
 

Delivered by FeedBurner